Dave has over 25 years experience as an engineer, manager, consultant, and coach. In the course of his work in and with software and hardware engineering groups, Dave has:
- Started a successful Lean Six Sigma Consulting and Training company, developing and delivering significant new course materials, tools, and case studies in Software domains that were new for Lean Six Sigma.
- Worked as a Visiting Scientist at the Software Engineering Institute, developing new courses and contributing to research for CMMI and Lean Six Sigma Integration.
- Become a Certified ScrumMaster, capable of coaching that important role with Agile software development teams
- Trained hundreds of engineers, scientists, and managers in the Design of Experiments (DOE) and the practical use of DOE Models.
- Won the Taguchi Award (1992) for Application of Robust Design Experimental Methods
- Managed R&D engineering groups in a large computer company
- Worked at Motorola's Six Sigma Research Institute with the teams that developed the first Black Belt training and evolved Six Sigma from Motorola member companies
- Worked on the core team that developed and delivered courseware and coaching for Concept Engineering, a breakthrough new product development methodology
- Been awarded patents for new microelectronics assembly technology
- Published many articles and conference presentations related to Software Development, Lean Methods, Statistical Tools
MS Statistics, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, 1994
BA Bio/Chemistry, Merrimack College, 1973